POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look : Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povQ&T (aka. povVFAQ) new look
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Sep 2002 10:01:38
Message: <3d721dc2$1@news.povray.org>
In article <3D7219E3.5B7F344A@pacbell.net> , Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet>
wrote:

> I haven't upgraded simply because I have yet to find a compelling reason to do
> so. I have spent literally thousands of hours using this program in its
> present form and I am very comfortable with it. I have the views all set the
> way I like them, my preferences are set where I need them, my email and
> newsgroup filters are all in place, my news groups are properly identified and
> view as I like them to and most importantly my bookmarks file is layed out,
> structured and functioning perfectly. Every time I have upgraded a browser in
> the past they have made changes or additions that annoyed the hell out of me.
> Can you assure me that absolutely nothing that I am comfortable with now will
> change if I upgrade, especially with regards to the bookmarks feature in
> Netscape and the way messages are viewed in the mail and news clients? Do you
> know both versions so well you can make that recommendation with 100%
> confidence that I will be 100% satisified with the outcome? I don't think so!

Most important, I yet i have to figure out where IE stores its bookmark file
on Windows.  Not sure about Mozilla either.

And the scripts that build the links collection (btw, it should have been
updated on povray.org by now) depend on the Netscape 4.x bookmark file to
extract all in information.  They would fail should the format change...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde